Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Sports 101- Written By Someone More Clueless Than You



I freely admit that I don’t know jack-shit about sports (except baseball. I’m not an idiot when it comes to that). I do, however, attend a B1G school so sports are kind of a thing here. My understanding of athletics is very limited, but I thought I would share what I do know with you all.

Football: a bunch of sweaty guys (and girls bc #YesAllWomen) fighting over a ball and then running toward the end zone.
1 minute football time=approx. 3 days regular time.


Basketball: my favorite song from the early 2000s. Also a sport where people twice my height run around and try to get a ball in a net...but they can't hold the ball. They have to bounce it the whole time. Why? Idk. Oh and Seth from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide could spin one around on his finger so that's pretty cool.




Hockey: A bunch of people on ice chasing around a puck while wearing 2x their weight in padding. The whole arena is basically Antarctica so hockey games are a no for me. 



Soccer: Same thing as football but with your feet. So really soccer should be called football but America is too hipster for that shit. I played soccer once. I got a concussion.
Also, David Beckham is really hot




Lacrosse: I honestly have no fucking clue.


So I hope this helped you guys become better versed in the world of sports! Let me know what you would like me to write about next by leaving a comment or tweeting me @allieetzin. Go sports!

xoxo,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment